1/02/2013

Musings - Reasons why now is a god time to go become a Entrepreneur

With a bad economy and uncertainty in the markets, a few people have told me it's the worst time to start a business. However, I feel differently and here are my reasons.

Large Corporations have been buying up or muscling out small businesses. This has created an area where small business, instead of competing and trying to take on the big boys, should focus on filling niche markets or focus on consulting on what is the next big thing.

More and more people are looking for a fresh start to be able to work more on their terms and to have a larger say in the direction of the company. A small business can offer many perks that a larger business cannot--like bringing your dog to work with you or a flexible schedule. To some people, money is not everything. One of the reasons I dropped out is I felt like I was slowly killing myself at work. My health problems where mounting and my happiness was at an all time low shortly before I left the rat race.

Secondly, people are able to move quickly to take advantage of shifts in the market. It's no longer good enough to know what is going to happen tomorrow, but you have to know what is going on next week. Larger businesses would be well advised to use smaller companies that are more nimble as consultants to learn where to invest their resources for maximum gain.

I am not an expert in business, however, I do believe I present some very logical arguments and paths forward for small businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment